Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday. I’ll be posting 24-hour giveaways at 8 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET to give you plenty of chances to win!
Hungry Jack and Adam Gertner from the Food Network are challenging you to “Use Up the Box” and create your own recipes using Hungry Jack Pancake Mix, Instant Mashed Potatoes or Syrup. Who knew you could do so much with those three things? From salad dressings and glazes made with the syrup to fruit-filled breakfast and dessert crepes using the pancake mix, my mouth was watering as I thought of all the ways I could incorporate Hungry Jack into my everyday cooking when I started to think outside the box.
To enter, submit your recipe to Hungry Jack’s “Use Up the Box” website in any of the three categories before 12/17, with a grand prize of $6,000 towards a year’s worth of groceries and two runner-up prizes of $100 in each recipe category.
I thought this recipe for Beef Stew with Herbed Potato Dumplings was perfect for the cooling autumn weather and so inventive. I’d never considered using both potato flakes and the pancake mix to make dumplings, and they are sure to warm up mouths both big and small after an afternoon of playing in or raking up the fallen leaves.
Beef Stew with Herbed Potato Dumplings
7 tbsps. Pillsbury BEST All Purpose Flour, divided
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 1/2 lbs. stew beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tbsps. Crisco Pure Vegetable Oil
2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth, divided
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 bay leaf
1 (16 oz.) pkg. frozen vegetables for stew
2 large eggs
1/2 cup water
1 cup Hungry Jack Instant Mashed Potato Flakes
1/2 cup Hungry Jack Buttermilk Complete Pancake & Waffle Mix (Just Add Water)
1 tbsp. minced green onion
1 tbsp. minced fresh parsley
1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Combine 3 tablespoons flour and seasoned salt in large resealable plastic bag. Add beef cubes. Seal and toss to coat.
- Heat oil in 6-quart Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add beef cubes and cook until well browned on all sides. Add 2 1/2 cups beef broth, garlic and bay leaf. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cover; reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour.
- Stir frozen vegetables. Simmer 20 minutes. Remove bay leaf. Whisk together remaining beef broth and remaining flour in small bowl. Add to stew, stirring until gravy thickens.
- To prepare dumpling batter: Whisk eggs and water in medium bowl. Stir in potato flakes until moistened. Add pancake mix, green onion, parsley and garlic salt; mix well.
- batter by tablespoonfuls onto simmering stew. Cover and simmer over low heat 13 to 16 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through.
Ten lucky Deal Seeking Mom readers will each win a Hungry Jack Pantry Party Kit that includes:
- Hungry Jack Mashed Potatoes (26.7 oz.)
- Hungry Jack Original Pancake & Waffle Mix (32 oz.)
- Hungry Jack Original Syrup (27.6 fl. oz.)
- $10 Walmart gift card
- Recipe Cards
To enter, tell me what recipe on the Hungry Jack site or which if your own recipes do you think would be perfect to “Use Up the Box”?
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What recipe would you make to “Use Up the Box”?
2. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
3. Join the Deal Seeking Mom Forums to chat about your great finds, special coupon codes, and chances to win exclusive giveaways. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve joined or that you’re already a registered user!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(10) Hungry Jack Pantry Party Kits, as described above
This giveaway ends at 8 a.m. ET on Thursday, 10/7 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Comment Contest to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!