Thanks to Disney for sending me a copy of The Mortification of Fovea Munson and for providing a prize pack!
I know I always appreciate age-appropriate reading recommendations for my younger kids, so I’m pleased to share with you this book that’s perfect for elementary age readers that are just beginning chapter books. Added bonus? It’s a perfect read for Halloween…
The Mortification of Fovea Munson is equal parts funny and disgusting, making it appealing to both boys and girls. Girls will relate to the 12-year-old heroine that’s struggling with confidence, and boys will love every minute of the talking disembodied heads. Gruesome, but in a comical way!
Recommended for ages 8-12, it’s available for purchase now!
Fovea Munson is nobody’s Igor.
True, her parents own a cadaver lab where they perform surgeries on dead bodies. And yes, that makes her gross by association, at least according to everyone in seventh grade. And sure, Fovea’s stuck working at the lab now that her summer camp plans have fallen through. But she is by no means Dr. Frankenstein’s snuffling assistant! That is, until three disembodied heads, left to thaw in the wet lab, start talking. To her. Out loud. What seems like a nightmare, or bizarre hallucination, is not. Fovea is somebody’s Igor, all right. Three somebodies, actually. And they need a favor.
With a madcap sense of humor and a lot of heart (not to mention other body parts), this is a story about finding oneself, finding one’s friends, and embracing the moment.
Today, one (1) lucky Deal Seeking Mom reader will win a The Mortification of Fovea Munson Prize Pack, which includes:
- a copy of The Mortification of Fovea Munson
- a $50 Visa gift card to (trick-or)-treat yourself
To enter, share how you teach your children to flip things sunny-side up when things seem to being going wrong.
Every reader has three methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, or three for up to a total of 3 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. Share your Halloween plans for this year!
2. Join the Bits & Bites by Unsophisticook group on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
3. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
One (1) The Mortification of Fovea Munson Prize Pack, as described above.
This giveaway ends at 11:59pm on Friday, October 26th, 2018 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use And the Winner Is to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Prizing and samples provided by Disney. Good luck!