Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday. I’ll be posting 24-hour giveaways at 8 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET to give you plenty of chances to win!
Nakano recently sent our family a bottle of their Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar so we could give it a try. I’ve been debating about exactly how I wanted to use it, and then today I stumbled upon this recipe which inspired me to create this recipe for Tangy Sesame Cucumber Salad. With just five ingredients, it’s simple, easy and delicious!
Toss your sesame seeds in a pan and toast them over medium heat. No oil needed — the natural oils already in the seeds are plenty. Watch them carefully because just want some light color. It shouldn’t take more than about five minutes and will likely take less.
Slice up two cucumbers very thin.
Whisk together the oil, Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar, and the soy sauce to make a vinaigrette.
Sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds on top of the cucumbers and toss with the vinaigrette — that’s it!
The end result is light and refreshing with just a bit of tang, and the nuttiness of the sesame seeds is the perfect accompaniment. I’m really excited to try seasoned vinegar in some other recipes now.
Tangy Sesame Cucumber Salad
2 large cucumbers sliced
1 T. toasted sesame seeds (freshly toasted is best!)
6 T. Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar
4 T. canola oil
1 T. soy sauce
1. Toast the sesame seeds over medium heat.
2. Whisk together rice vinegar, oil, and soy sauce.
3. Toss cucumbers with toasted sesame seeds and vinaigrette.
4. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes for flavors to meld.
Makes 6 servings.
Three lucky Deal Seeking Mom readers will each win a Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar Prize Pack that includes the following?
- $25 Visa Giftcard
- Bottle of Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- Nakano Recipe/Coupon Booklet
To enter, visit the Nakano website then come back and tell us what your favorite Splash tip is.
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. Tell me what your favorite Nakano Splash tip is.
2. Join the Nakano community on Facebook. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
3. Join the Deal Seeking Mom Forums to chat about your great finds, special coupon codes, and chances to win exclusive giveaways. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve joined or that you’re already a registered user!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(3) Nakano Seasoned Rice Vinegar Prize Packs, as described above
This giveaway ends at 7:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, 8/26 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Comment Contest to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!
Nakano provided me with a Visa gift card and a free bottle of seasoned vinegar for participating in this campaign.