Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday, with 24-hour giveaways just for you!
In LaRue Across America, Ike’s plan for a peaceful cruise with Mrs. LaRue are thwarted when their neighbor, Mrs. Hibbins, falls suddenly ill. Mrs. LaRue suggests that she and Ike care for her cats while Mrs. Hibbins is in the hospital, inviting them along on the cruise. But cats aren’t allowed, and Mrs. LaRue decides to take them all on a week’s vacation of road-tripping. Ike is beside himself and quickly takes up his pen to tell us why!
Join award-winner Mark Teague on this romping road trip across America. Readers can follow along on the maps of the U.S. that span the endpapers. Teague drives us to the story’s satisfying conclusion, and we are left with one profound question: Can cats and dogs really be friends?
I love the colorful and engaging illustrations in this book! The story is a fun read, although probably best suited to an older child who will understand the humor and be able to sit through the entire story. It was a bit too lengthy to be a bedtime story for my 3 and 4-year-olds, but my 6, 8, and 9-year-olds thoroughly enjoyed it.
Two lucky Deal Seeking Mom readers will each win a LaRue Across America Prize Pack that includes:
- a copy of LaRue Across America
- a LaRue Across America backpack
- a $100 gas gift card to go on your own adventure
To enter, tell me where in America you’d like to visit!
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. Where would you like to visit? Have you ever done a road trip around the country?
2. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
3. Add Deal Seeking Mom to your blogroll or add my badge to your sidebar. Make sure to come back and leave the link to your site in a separate comment!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(2) LaRue Across America Prize Packs, as detailed above
This giveaway ends at 2 p.m. ET on 4/21 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use And the Winner Is to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!