Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday. I’ll be posting 24-hour giveaways at 8 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET to give you plenty of chances to win!
Child Passenger Safety Week is September 19-25 this year, and it is a great time to check over your current safety seat situation and make sure your kids are secure and plan for what you will need as your children grow. With many parents not knowing the laws or the guidelines for when to move their children between rear-facing safety seats and convertible seats to booster seats and beyond, this is definitely a topic worth paying attention too and reading up on.
Research done by the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia has shown that risk of injury to children is reduced by 60% when a belt-positioning booster seat is used rather than seat belts alone. For instance, in my state of Ohio, as of last year, 1/6/09, the law states that children between 4 and 8 years of age need to be secured in a booster seat. This is to protect children in the case of an accident who are not yet as large as an adult, but who have outgrown their car seat.
A few features of the Chicco KeyFit Strada Booster Seat:
- Easy to install and use.
- Height and width are adjustable with one hand
- Fabric cover is removable and machine washable
- Converts to backless booster for children 40 lbs – 100 lbs
- “EPS” Energy Absorbing Foam provides enhanced impact protection
- Triple side protection: head, shoulders and lumbar
- Deep side wings support child’s head and neck while napping
One lucky Deal Seeking Mom reader will win a Chicco KeyFit Strada Booster Seat!
To enter, tell me how long a child needs to be in a booster seat in your state. Is it six years old, seven, eight? Do they need to be both an age and a weight before moving out of a booster seat?
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What are the child safety seat laws regarding booster seats are in your state?
2. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
3. Join the Deal Seeking Mom Forums to chat about your great finds, special coupon codes, and chances to win exclusive giveaways. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve joined or that you’re already a registered user!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(1) Chicco KeyFit Strada Booster Seat
This giveaway ends at 8:00 a.m. ET on Thursday, 9/9 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Comment Contest to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!