Back To School is an expensive time of year for families, and with five kids of my own, believe me when I say that I’m feeling the pinch too! So I was pretty excited to sit in on a conference call for Walmart yesterday detailing three ways they’re helping families save on back-to-school/college this year.
Friday, August 1: Walmart will begin offering new rollbacks and special deals on top electronics, gadgets and accessories. These are in addition to rollbacks on popular back-to-school items that Walmart already launched to kick-off the season. 10 percent more rollbacks than last year!
Monday, August 4: Walmart is bringing back its popular Back-to-School Cyber Monday savings event with big savings on more than 400 blockbuster deals in dorm décor, smartphones, tablets, laptops, backpacks and kids’ clothing!
Monday, August 4: If you missed the big news I shared on Wednesday, you’ll definitely want go check it out. Walmart’s new receipt comparison tool, Savings Catcher, will be live nationally, will be live, ensuring that customers get the lowest price, even after they’ve made a purchase!
Hopefully between these three strategies, we’ll all be able to save a bundle on our back-to-school and back-to-college needs!
So what kinds of deals can we expect to see? Well, here are a few highlights of the special deals and rollbacks you’ll find online and in stores starting today:
Electronics and Gadgets:
- Dell Intel Core i3 laptop bundle with a wireless mouse, one-year McAfee LiveSafe Antivirus and a laptop sleeve for $399 (more than a $50 savings)
- Acer Intel-Celeron laptop bundle with wireless mouse, one-year antivirus, laptop sleeve and Skype credit for $299
- Apple iPad 4 with Retina display 16gb in black or white for $349 (originally $399)
- Nextbook 7.85-inch tablet in chrome, red or blue for $79 (originally $99)
- Canon 2920 wireless printer for $39
- Hisense 40-inch LED TV for $239
- Beats Solo headphones for $169.95 (originally $199.95)
- Sandisk 8gb flash drive for $4.97
- Mainstays Metal Arm Futon for $99 (originally $124)
- Bissell 3-in-1 Stick Vac for $15.84 (originally $19.88)
- Hamilton Beach 2-door compact refrigerator with freezer for $128.84 (originally $164.84)
And don’t forget about the big sales that starts on Monday! Featured Back-To-School Cyber Monday deals include:
Electronics and Gadgets:
- HMDX Bluetooth Headphones for $19.99 (60% savings)
- HP Deskjet 1512 Inkjet All-in-One Printer for $25 (50% savings)
- 9″ Tablet 8GB memory with case and keyboard for $79 (20% savings)
- SCEPTRE LED 32” 720P HDTV for $149 (17% savings)
- $40 off GoPro HERO3+ Silver Edition Action Camcorder (with gift card)
- $100 off Straight Talk Pre-paid Apple iPhone 5C ($549) and iPhone 5S ($649)
- Girls’ & Boys’ Approved Schoolwear Polos $3.97 (18% savings)
- Girls’ & Boys’ 7-piece Uniform Bundle for $40 (20% savings)
- Licensed Backpacks & Tote Bags like My Little Pony and Monsters for $5 (50% savings)
- Crayola Classic Color Pack Crayons, 120 count for $5.97 cents (nearly 60% savings)
- Elmer’s Washable School Glue, 4fl oz for 50 cents (30% savings)
- Texas Instruments TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator for $99.97 (26% savings)
- Quirky Pivot Power PoP Jr. Flexible Surge Protector for $9.87 (35% savings)
- 5pc bed in a bag just $39 (26% savings)
- Magic Chef microwave for $49 (14% savings)
Be sure to note that pricing on these items is only valid during the Cyber Monday sale on August 4th!
If you’re lucky enough to live in one of the 16 states that have sales tax holidays coming up, you can save even more! Take advantage of the free or reduced sales tax in stores at Walmart, and Walmart.com is participating in state sales tax holidays where allowed by local law.
Do you see any deals that you’re planning to take advantage of over the next few days?