Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday, with 24-hour giveaways just for you!
Planning to bake up some treats for Valentine's Day? I know I am -- I picked up the cutest cupcake cake pan at Walmart last night, and I'm itching to try it out.
Anyhow, if you need a little inspiration, Crisco is launching a new online resource called Cookie Central which is perfect for those of us who love to bake and decorate our dessert creations! Not only does Cookie Central offer tons of tasty recipes, but it also provides a wealth of tips and videos, as well as some cookie gifting suggestions.
I particularly love these tips that allow kids to help decorate cookies quickly and easily before baking:
- Chill the dough. Let your kids roll it into balls, and then toss the balls in a plastic sandwich bag with colored sugars to coat them.
- Beat an egg yolk with food coloring and let your kids paint designs or faces on cookies.
- Let your kids use raisins to create faces on gingerbread cookies. Or they can use sliced almonds to create wings for angels.
- Buy a selection of small candies, like cinnamon drops and miniature candy-coated chocolate pieces, and let the kids decorate before the cookies are baked.
There are even more suggestions for decorating cookies after they're baked!
To inspire you to share your favorite Crisco Cookie Central recipes this Valentine’s Day, Crisco is offering a giveaway to equip you with everything you need to wow your loved ones with sugary treats, including measuring cups and spoons, a baking sheet, a cookie dough scoop, a silicone cookie spatula and a jar of cookie cutters. Even better -- two lucky Deal Seeking Mom Readers will win this awesome package!
To enter, tell me what's your favorite Cookie Central recipe or tip.
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What's your favorite Cookie Central recipe or tip?
2. Join the Crisco community on Facebook and the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you've done so!
3. Add Deal Seeking Mom to your blogroll or add my badge to your sidebar. Make sure to come back and leave the link to your site in a separate comment!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(2) Crisco Cookie Central Giveaway Prize Packs, as described above
This giveaway ends at 10 p.m. EST on 2/11 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use And the Winner Is to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!