I loved reading through all of your money-saving tips, as did the judges. In the end, it was just too difficult to narrow it down to a top ten. Many great tips were very similar, so ultimately they decided to pick 10 random tips to feature and then draw one winner from those top ten.
So without further ado, here are the top ten tips:
- Nichole – I like to save by making homemade foods such as breads, candies, sauces, etc...
- Jessica – We use our local library alot...videos, music, books...they even have puzzles and games we can check out, definately saves us from the gimmies at the store if they can get a bagfull to borrow from the library.
- Christina Peach – You know how some people have to have their Starbucks coffee every day? Well, I’m like that with their Iced Tea Lemonade…. I’m addicted! This is how I save at least $1 a day…
- Jay Jones – Instead of regular Christmas cards, use Christmas postcards. You can still do your message on the back, a nice picture , even a family pic on the front, and the cost of mailing is cheaper than a card!
- Sasha Fierce – I love to dye newspaper and use it as wrapping paper. It recycles and save money on new gift wrap.
- Chrissy – The two biggest ways to trim dollars from my budget are staying home and better meal planning!
- Nancy Ward – Hubby replaced our light bulbs with CF bulbs to save energy. I am still diligent about turning off lights when they are not in use as they still use electricityhttp://dealseekingmom.com/http://dealseekingmom.com/http://dealseekingmom.com/just not as much as standard bulbs.
- Britt – Rather than buying tupperware, we use old plastic containers...from whipped cream, sour cream, cream cheese...lots of cream...lol. They work just as well and I don't freak out if one gets lost!
- Windy – Make your coffee in the morning instead of stopping by coffee shops!
- Sydney – Make your husband read the newspaper online, instead of buying one or two papers a day. This also helps with the stacks of unread "don't-throw-this-away" piles around the house.
And the winner of the $500 Walmart gift certificate is . . . Britt!!! Congratulations on adding an additional $500 to your holiday budget (or beyond)!