Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday, with 24-hour giveaways just for you!
Our family has been taking lots of steps toward a healthier lifestyle this year by making daily exercise a priority and by continuing to incorporate healthier versions of our favorite foods into our everyday diets, such as these heart healthy Apple Oat Bran Muffins.
Shhhh, don’t tell my kids they’re actually good for them — they’ve been devouring them as fast as I can make them!
Reebok recently sent me a couple of accessory products that are designed to help keep your heart healthy. While you don’t necessarily need a lot of gadgets in order to get fit, they can be a useful motivational tool.
I’m sure most of you have heard that women should target taking at least 10,000 steps per day to reduce your risk for disease and help you lead a longer, healthier life. Since I spend a lot of time sitting at my computer, I wasn’t too surprised to see that I’m barely hitting that target, but without the Reebok inColor Digital Pedometer, I would not be so keenly aware of this fact.
The inColor Digital Pedometer was super simple to set up, and then I just clipped it on the waistband of my pants to track my daily steps. I like that I can customize the display color to my mood, and the pace assist feature is very helpful for maintaining my pace goal when I’m working out.
I also had the opportunity to try out the Reebok inTouch Heart Rate Monitor, and I truly love this item! It looks like a simple watch, but it has tons of features like speed, distance, and step tracking, a calorie burn monitor, and a heart rate monitor (no chest strap required!) that’s activated with a simple touch of your finger to the silver band running around the face of the watch.
The most useful feature for me, however, is the fit zone tracking. Until I started wearing the Reebok Heart Rate Monitor during my workouts, I didn’t realize that some of my workouts weren’t pushing me into my fit zone, which is the optimum heart rate for my height and weight for burning calories. Based on this information, I was able to increase the intensity of my workouts to get more health benefits out of them.
One lucky Deal Seeking Mom reader will receive a Healthy Heart Reebok Prize Pack! This prize pack includes:
- One Reebok inTouch Heart Monitor without a chest strap
- One Reebok inColor Digital Pedometer
To enter, tell me your favorite time of day to fit in a workout.
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What’s your favorite time of day to fit in a workout?
2. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
3. Add Deal Seeking Mom to your blogroll or add my badge to your sidebar. Make sure to come back and leave the link to your site in a separate comment!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
One (1) Healthy Heart Reebok Prize Pack as described above.
This giveaway ends at 2:00pm EST on Thursday, March 1, 2012 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use And the Winner Is to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!