Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday, with 24-hour giveaways just for you!
Make delicious soda at home — without the cost or waste of packaged sodas — with the SodaStream system! With the Soda Stream, you can actually carbonate your own water and flavor your own soda as an alternative to store bought sodas. Choose from great flavors including traditional cola and lemon-lime as well as more exotic varieties like pink grapefruit, red berry mix, energy drinks, iced tea and even cocktail mixers!
My kids were thrilled to try out the SodaStream! We don’t typically drink a lot of soda in our household, so this was a special treat for them, and it passed the kid test with flying colors.
Things we loved about the SodaStream:
- You can customize the amount of flavoring to individual tastes. We found that the recommended amounts yielded a soda that was a little too sweet, so we simply used less and it was perfect!
- It’s so easy that the kids can use it all by themselves. You just fill a bottle with tap water, screw it onto the Genesis, and push the button about three times to carbonate. Then just add your syrup!
- It’s really inexpensive to use. One CO2 canister makes 60 Liters of carbonated beverage in your own home with zero packaging waste. It’s frugal and environmentally friendly!
A couple of things we didn’t care for were that many of the syrups use Splenda for sweetening, so we just naturally gravitated toward the all-natural varieties. Also, the bottles cannot be washed in the dishwasher. This isn’t a huge issue, but since you only get one bottle with the starter kit, you will have to wash it with every use.
I can’t wait to try making some of our own syrups to mix in now!
Three lucky Deal Seeking Mom winners will each win a Genesis “Soda Starter” Kit, including everything you need to make great tasting soda at home, including:
- Genesis Home Soda Maker
- (1) 60-liter Carbonator in black or red
- (1) Carbonating bottle
- (2) SodaMix bottles (winner’s choice of flavors)
To enter, tell me what your favorite soda flavor is!
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What is your favorite soda flavor?
2. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
Enter to win 1 of 3 Genesis Soda Starter Kits by @SodaStream from @DealSeekingMom: https://bit.ly/nOKQC9
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(3) Genesis “Soda Starter” Kits, as described above
This giveaway ends at 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, 8/25 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use And the Winner Is to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!