Last week my kids and I were able to spend an evening taste testing different Jif peanut butter combinations with a fun group of other bloggers via an online video conference. Now, I’ve always considered myself part of the Red Team (meaning I like the creamy PB with the red lid); however, Jif just may have convinced me that I need to switch to the Blue Team (crunchy PB with the blue lid) after trying Jif Crunchy peanut butter on baby carrots. It’s a pairing I probably never would have tried on my own, but it was totally delicious!
Other combinations we tried were peanut butter and hummus — which was surprisingly good — vanilla frosting and peanut butter, and of course my favorite chocolate and peanut butter. Some bloggers were even brave enough to try peanut butter on bacon, but that one really didn’t appeal to me in the least.
What I enjoyed most about the event is that it sparked an interest in my kids to try new flavor combinations and eat things that maybe they would normally turn their noses up at. Even my ultra-picky 4-year-old was at least taking a nibble of some of the more outrageous combinations.
So what’s your favorite peanut butter pairing? If you need a little inspiration to try something new, check out this fabulous recipe below for Peanut Butter Apple Rings:
Peanut Butter Apple Rings
1/3 cup Jif Natural Creamy Peanut Butter Spread
4 teaspoons honey
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 large red delicious apple, cored and cut crosswise into 6 rings
1/2 cup granola cereal with raisins
1. Stir peanut butter, honey and cinnamon in small bowl. Arrange apple rings on serving plates. Spread rings evenly with thin layer of peanut butter mixture.
2. Lightly press granola cereal into peanut butter mixture. Serve immediately.
- Does your child love doing fun and crazy things with peanut butter sandwiches? Have them enter the Jif Most Creative Peanut Butter Sandwich Contest for a chance to win a $25,000 scholarship fund when you send in your best peanut butter sandwich recipe. Four runners up will receive a $2,500 scholarship fund. Open to U.S. residents ages 6 to 12. Ends 10/22.
- For all you moms out there, you can be the judge of the Jif Most Creative Sandwich Contest! Write a 250-word essay telling Jif how you make the best choices for your family for the Jif Moms’ Choice Their Choice Contest and you could win a trip for two to New York to judge the sandwich contest!
- Enter Amazon’s Back-to-School Wishes Sweepstakes for a chance to win a $10,000 MasterCard just by making a purchase on Amazon with your MasterCard. Ends 8/31. Who knows, you may have already entered without knowing it!
- Still recording things on VHS? Come into the 21st century and enter to win a TiVo Premiere XL and rethink the way you watch TV. Ends 10/25.
- My youngest daughter loves anything that swims, and bringing her to SeaWorld would be an absolute treat. Enter to win a 3-day, 2-night trip for four in the Renaissance Orlando at SeaWorld, Orlando, FL, Getaway Giveaway now through 9/30.
- Saving up for your dream vacation? Give your balance a potential boost by entering Family Circle’s Dream Vacation Sweepstakes. One grand prize winner will walk away with $25,000. Ends 8/31, so enter now!
- Tailgating season is fast approaching. Get your grill on when you enter to win a Weber Q320 Portable Gas Grill from Pazsaz Entertainment. Ends 9/30.
See the previous Saturday Sweeps for more chances to win!