I’m excited to offer another fun 12 Days of Christmas series at Deal Seeking Mom. Each day through 12/7, I’ll post a new 3-day giveaway! Browse all of the giveaways here.
Last year I made the decision to toss all of our Teflon cookware after reading an article about how the coating can potentially break down at higher heats, and my husband has complained bitterly about it on a semi-weekly basis. He often prepares grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids at lunch, so he probably feels the loss of that wonderful non-stick coating a little more keenly than I do.
But that’s all in the past thanks to Scanpan! They recently introduced the world’s first induction-compatible PFOA-free cookware, produced with layered recycled-aluminum and stainless-steel.
Now I’ll be the first to say that this cookware is on the pricey side. I’m not a gourmet cook, but I really enjoy cooking and appreciate high-quality cookware because I know I’ll use it often. After trying it out and considering the benefits, I think that Scanpan is well worth the pricetag:
- Scanpan boasts an ultra-durable nonstick surface that is safe for metal utensils and is PFOA-free (no Teflon)! Why is this important to me? While I’m always careful to use non-metal utensils, I always worry about others in the household not being quite as diligent. I’m glad to know that I don’t need to worry about this. Go ahead and use those metal utensils — the patented ceramic titanium surface is virtually indestructible!
- Go ahead and crank up the heat! Scanpan will not warp at higher heats, and there’s no need to worry about the non-stick coating being damaged. This allows for browning and caramelization of foods with little to no added fat (healthier cooking!), something you can’t achieve with traditional Teflon pans. Plus it’s oven safe up to 500 degres as well.
- Scanpan is dishwasher safe! I probably don’t really need to tell you why this is such an awesome feature, but I just can’t help but gush over it. Not having to slave over scrubbing dirty pots and pans get high marks in my book.
I’ll admit I was a little intimidated upon opening the box and seeing these lovely pots and pans, each individually packaged in their own velvet bags, but after using them I’m hooked. Scanpan offers a lifetime warranty on their products, and they truly are engineered to last a lifetime. So while they do require a somewhat substantial investment for the average cook up front, when you consider the quality and cost-per-use over a lifetime, I believe the price is more than reasonable.
One lucky Deal Seeking Mom reader will win a Scanpan CTX 5-Piece Cookware!
To enter, tell me what your favorite feature of the Scanpan sets is.
Every reader has three methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two or three, for up to a total of 3 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What’s your favorite feature of the Scanpan pans?
2. Subscribe to Unsophisticook, my new food blog, for a peek at the tasty recipes I’m preparing in each week, as well as tips and tricks for saving you time and money in your kitchen. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
Enter to win a 5-piece @scanpansg cookware set from @DealSeekingMom: https://dealseekingmom.com/?p=63147 #DSM12days
(1) Scanpan CTX 5-Piece Cookware (ARV $499.95)
This giveaway ends at 9 a.m. EST on Sunday, 12/5 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Comment Contest to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!