Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday. I’ll be posting 24-hour giveaways at 8 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET to give you plenty of chances to win!
Did you know that September is National College Savings Month? What better time to start saving to give your kids a little extra help in obtaining a college education!
I had the opportunity to learn about the CollegeAdvantage 529 Savings Plan at the Ohio State Fair last month, and I was really inspired to start a savings plan for our kids. I've always been adamant that I'd like for our children to have some responsibility in paying for their education so that they don't take it for granted, but I'd definitely like to be able to assist them in their efforts, so this seems like a fantastic option for us.
Features of the CollegeAdvantage 529 Savings Plan include:
- Earnings are tax-free.
- Deduct contributions from Ohio taxable income ($2,000 annually).
- Use your funds at any college in the country.
- Pay for tuition, room and board, or books.
- Contribute as little as $25 at a time.
- Benefit from professional money management by leading financial firms.
- Save with FDIC-insured bank products.
- Pay no enrollment fee, no maintenance fee and low administrative fees.
- Transfer funds to another child.
- Withdraw funds at any time.
- Change investment options.
Those are some pretty compelling reasons to open a 529 savings plan if you ask me.
One lucky Deal Seeking Mom reader will win a $100 College Scholarship from CollegeAdvantage! Note that you do not need to be an Ohio resident to win this giveaway. CollegeAdvantage will assist you in setting up a plan that works for you.
To enter, tell me if you've started saving money for your kids' college tuition yet.
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. Do you have a college fund for your kids?
2. Join the CollegeAdvantage community on Facebook. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you've done so!
3. Follow @DealSeekingMom on Twitter and tweet the following. Be sure to come back and leave a separate comment with the link to your tweet!
Enter to win a $100 College Scholarship from CollegeAdvantage and @DealSeekingMom: http://bit.ly/caQEA8 #Ohio529
4. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you've done so!
(1) $100 College Scholarship from CollegeAdvantage
This giveaway ends at 2:00 p.m. ET on Thursday, 9/9 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Comment Contest to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!