Walmart is partnering with Jumpstart's Read for the Record campaign this fall, and you can too! On October 8, 2009, join me in reading Eric Carle’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar and help set a world record!
Children's literacy is an important issue because it lays the foundation for a lifetime of learning. Millions of children from low-income families have limited access to age-appropriate books at home, and Jumpstart is committed to making a difference in the lives of these children.
Join Jumpstart and Walmart in this year's Read for the Record campaign:
- Take the pledge today to read this beloved children's book -- to your own kids or even at your library or community center -- on October 8th.
- If you don't yet have a copy, pick up a commemorative edition at Walmart, where all proceeds from the book sales between now and October 8th will go directly to Jumpstart.
- Sponsor books for underprivileged children.
- Help spread the word about the Read for the Record campaign using these email and blog buttons.
- Join the Twitter party on September 24th from 8-10pm. Every 100th Tweet using the hashtag #jumpstart will receive a free copy of the book!
And be sure to check out these fun The Very Hungry Caterpillar activities to go along with your reading as well!
For your chance to win a copy of the commemorative edition of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, tell me what your favorite children's book is.
While The Very Hungry Caterpillar is one of my most favorite books to read with my kids (we have both the board book and the regular edition), my favorite book as a child was The Little Red Hen. Sadly, my childhood copy was destroyed when our basement flooded, but my mom bought me the same edition off eBay as a Valentine's Day gift a few years ago, and my kids love to read it with me as well now.
Every reader has three methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two or three for up to a total of 3 entries!!!
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What is your favorite children's book?
2. Go take the pledge to read The Very Hungry Caterpillar on October 8th. Come back and leave me a separate comment once you've made your pledge!
3. Tweet the following, and be sure to come back and leave a separate comment with the link to your tweet!
Join @DealSeekingMom and pledge to Read for the Record on October 8th: http://tinyurl.com/readfortherecord #jumpstart
(1) The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!