Heather from Passion for Savings is the Deal Seeking Mom Store Expert for Walmart. At Passion for Savings, she combines her love of great products, her passion for shopping and the art of saving money to educate her readers on the best products and best values available.
:: More Store Resources
:: Contact Walmart
- Walmart Customer Service -- 1-800-WALMART (1-800-925-6278)
- Email feedback to your local Walmart store or Corporate HQ
:: Coupon Policy
Walmart accepts the following types of coupons:
- Manufacturer coupons (Cents Off)
- Free merchandise (or Buy-One-Get-One-Free) coupons
- Store coupons
- Pharmacy (Advertising and Promotional) coupons
- Internet coupons
- Soft drink container caps
The following are guidelines and limits:
- Walmart only accepts coupons for merchandise we sell and only when presented at the time of purchase.
- Coupons should have an expiration date and be presented within the valid dates. Walmart will not accept expired coupons.
- Internet coupons should be legible and say “Manufacturer Coupon.” There should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer and a scannable bar code.
- Only one coupon per item is permitted.
- Use of 40 or more coupons per transaction will require approval by Customer Service Manager.
:: FAQs for Shopping Walmart
Q. Why are my Walmart prices higher than the prices you list?
A. Walmart’s prices vary by region, even by store within the same area, but generally they are reasonably close to the listed price.
Q. Does Walmart accept Internet printable coupons?
A. Walmart does accept Internet printable coupons provided they meet the following criteria:
- The coupon should be legible and say "Manufacturer Coupon". There should be a valid remit address for the manufacturer, to ensure the coupon can be processed for payment.
- The coupon should have a scan-able bar code.
- The coupon should have an expiration date.
- The coupon cannot be a photocopy.
- The limit is one coupon per item, per Customer.
- A Salaried Manager can refuse to accept a coupon if it does not meet any or all of these guidelines.
You may find it helpful to print out and carry a copy of the Walmart corporate coupon policy with you.
Q. Does Walmart offer price matching?
A. Yes, Walmart does offer price matching under the following circumstances:
- We do honor "Preferred Shopping Card" advertised prices. Must be like items, be advertised and require a competitor's shopping card, for the discount to apply.
- We do not honor advertisements that require a purchase in order to receive the advertised price or free product.
- We do not honor "Buy One / Get One Free" advertisements.
- We do not honor double or triple coupons or percent off advertisements.
- We do not honor other retailers' "Misprinted" advertised prices.
- We do not honor Internet Pricing.
- We do not honor competitor advertisements from outside of the store's or Club's local trade territory.
You may find it helpful to print out and carry a copy of the Walmart price match policy with you.