Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday. I’ll be posting 24-hour giveaways at 8 a.m., 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. ET to give you plenty of chances to win!
Elmer’s recently sent me a box full of their new crafting products that are available at Walmart and challenged me to come up with a craft that fits my blog’s topic. So what did I create? A cute and useful coupon envelope to replace the ratty envelopes I’ve been using every week!
It’s really easy to make — in fact, I’m dying to go make one for every store I shop right now, but I have to write this post first, LOL.
So here’s what you need:
- Envelope Template
- Decorative Paper
- X-Acto Self Healing Mat
- X-Acto Knife
- X-Acto Scissors
- X-Acto Straight Edge Ruler
- Letter Stickers
- X-Acto Circle Cutter
- Elmer’s Extra Strength Glue Stick
My first step was to print this envelope template on a heavy piece of paper to use as a pattern. I used the straight edge, X-Acto knife, and scissors to cut out the template very precisely.
Next I used the template to draw the pattern for the envelope on the back of my decorative paper, and then cut it out using the X-Acto Knife, straight edge, and scissors. I found that the scissors work best for the rounded corners.
Lightly score the dotted lines as indicated on the template on the inside of the envelope. This will make folding a neat edge much easier. Then fold in the sides and bottom flap.
Apply glue to each side flap and fold the bottom flap up to stick them together. As you can see in the photo, I attempted to use the scrapbooking tape for this, but it’s not really strong enough to form a good bond. I recommend using the Elmer’s Extra Strength Glue Stick for this step.
I then decided to add a little extra color to my envelope, so I cut out some circles using the X-Acto Circle Cutter. This little gadget is amazing! I couldn’t cut a neat circle for anything, and this made it so simple.
Apply the circles to the envelope, and then I added some letter stickers to make it obvious that this is my CVS coupon envelope. Didn’t it turn out cute?
These would make such a thoughtful and inexpensive gift for your favorite couponing friend, or they’d be perfect for making an envelope budget a little more fun!
Elmer’s will be selecting one blogger participating in the Elmer’s Crafting Challenge to receive $1,000 to donate to the charity of his or her choice. The winning craft will be selected based on the level of creativity and innovation demonstrated in the craft. Whether I win or not, I enjoyed this project so much, and I hope many of you will try your hand at it too!
Three lucky Deal Seeking Mom winners will each receive an Elmer’s Prize Pack that includes:
- 4-pack X-ACTO Decorative Edge Scissors
- X-ACTO Self Healing Mat
- X-ACTO Retractable Craft Knife
- X-ACTO Craft Swivel Knife
- Craft Bond Scrapbooking Tape: Repositionable
- Craft Bond Extra Strength Glue Stick
- Craft Bond Wet & Dry Dual Tip Glue Pen
- Craft Bond Permanent Tape Runner
To enter, tell me what kind of crafting you do most often. Are you a scrapbooker, creating lifelong memories, or perhaps you make seasonal crafts year round?
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What kind of crafting do you do most often?
2. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you’ve done so!
Enter to win 1 of 3 @Elmers Craft Prize Packs from @DealSeekingMom: https://bit.ly/9UA4yy
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(3) Elmer’s Craft Prize Packs, as described above
This giveaway ends at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday, 10/7 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Comment Contest to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!