Have you ever locked two kids in your running car and a third child in the house all at once?
As embarrassed as I am to admit it, my husband and I accidentally did this when we were in the process of building our house. Through a comedy of errors where each of us thought the other had the car and house keys, we found ourselves standing outside of our newly-built home with a 2-year-old and 1-year-old locked in our running SUV, while our 2-month-old infant daughter was locked in her carrier inside the house.
Of course you can imagine the panic that ensued...until one of our new neighbors calmly walked across the street and wedged a credit card into the door frame, popping the lock. Of course I vowed two things right then and there: a) to always use the deadbolt lock and b) we needed to ensure that we were always able to gain access to the house.
Until now we've used a PIN pad attached to our garage door to achieve this, leaving our door leading inside in the garage unlocked. Of course had I know that there were such things as the Kwikset SmartKey available before now, we could have solved this in a much simpler and more secure manner!
My husband installed the Kwikset Arlington Handle and SmartKey Keyless Deadbolt in under 20 minutes -- all while I was away on a business trip and he was in charge of all five kids. So that tells you just how easy it is!
The handle is so much more attractive than the boring basic doorknob we had previously, and I love the keyless deadbolt. It automatically locks behind you after 30 seconds, and all you have to do to get back in is punch a 4-digit code that you set into the PIN pad. We're definitely buying a second SmartKey for our door in the garage!
One Deal Seeking Mom reader will win a Kwikset SmartKey prize pack that includes:
- Your choice of a Arlington handleset, Tustin lever or Juno knob
- SmartCode Signature Series Keyless Deadbolt
To enter, tell me how you manage your house keys. Do you have multiple keys in case you get locked out? Do your children have keys to the home? Perhaps a neighbor keeps a spare key in case of emergencies.
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. How do you manage house keys?
2. Join the Deal Seeking Mom community on Facebook for more conversation, additional deals and a peek at the freebies I receive in the mail each week. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you've done so!
3. Follow @DealSeekingMom on Twitter and tweet the following. Be sure to come back and leave a separate comment with the link to your tweet!
Enter to win a Kwikset SmartKey prize pack on @DealSeekingMom: http://dealseekingmom.com/?p=61205
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(1) Kwikset SmartKey prize pack, as described above
This giveaway ends at 7 p.m. on Thursday, 11/18 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Comment Contest to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Winners must respond within 48 hours of notification to claim their prize. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!