Join me every week for Win-It Wednesday. I’ll be posting several 24-hour giveaways throughout the day to give you plenty of chances to win!
As some of you might know, I'm a bit of a coffee junkie. Starbucks is one of my biggest weaknesses, and my husband often surprises me with Grande Vanilla Lattes because he knows it makes me happy. Luckily I've been able to indulge for less lately thanks to the Starbucks gift certificates on Swag Bucks, but I was still looking for a way to have a quick cup of good coffee at home.
Of course when Keurig asked me to give their B70 Platinum Coffee Maker a test drive, I jumped at the chance!
What I liked about the Keurig:
- I've tried other pod coffee makers in the past, and they left me cold -- literally. Both the Home Cafe and Senseo just didn't brew coffee hot enough for my tastes, so they didn't last long on my countertop. However, I'm happy to report that the Keurig brews a nice, steamy cup of coffee.
- I was also disappointed in the selection of coffee available for the machines I'd tried previously. The Keurig came with a large selection of samples to try, and I was excited to find several varieties that I really enjoyed.
- And then of course there's the convenience factor -- no one else in my household drinks coffee, so being able to brew a single cup of coffee any time I get the craving is awesome.
So what didn't I like about the Keurig?
- The Keurig pods are on the pricey side. However, I did share a deal on them recently, and either way it's still less than a trip to Starbucks would cost me. I also gave the refillable K-Cup a whirl -- it worked well and would definitely be a way to decreases costs, but it was a bit messy to fill and definitely throws the convenience factor out the window.
- It seems like such a huge waste to throw the K-Cups out after each brewing. I did read that they're working on a recyclable alternative. In the meantime, the refillable K-Cup should alleviate any concerns.
All in all, I love the product in action. If they can manufacture recyclable K-Cups at a decent price, it will be a home run for me!
One lucky Deal Seeking Mom reader will win a Keurig B70 Platinum Brewer! To enter, tell me what your favorite flavored coffee is!
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
If you are reading this in your email or feed reader, please CLICK HERE to visit the original blog post to enter. Email entries will not be counted.
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What's your favorite flavored coffee? How do you take it?
2. Add Deal Seeking Mom to your blogroll or add my badge to your sidebar. Make sure to come back and leave the link to your site in a separate comment!
3. Join the new Deal Seeking Mom Forums to chat about your great finds, special coupon codes, and chances to win exclusive giveaways. Come back and leave a separate comment letting me know you've joined or that you're already a registered user!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(1) Keurig B70 Platinum Brewer
This giveaway ends at 12:30 p.m. EST on 1/14 and is open to all U.S. residents 18 years or older. I’ll use Random.org to select the winning comment. Winner will be notified by email and listed on my Giveaway Winners page. Good luck!
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!
I received a Keurig B70 Platinum Brewer from MS&L in exchange for hosting this review and giveaway. However, all opinions expressed are my own.