When you think about Borders, a large selection of books neatly lined up on shelves is probably what comes to mind. I know that was my first thought. But Borders recently expanded over 500 of their stores to include a wonderful selection of high-quality educational toys and games, including one of my favorites, Melissa & Doug toys.
Borders recently gave me a $100 gift card to check out their new lineup, and I was pleasantly surprised to find out just how far I was able to stretch this money. All together I managed to score six different Melissa & Doug toys, two I Spy books, an illustrated book of military airplanes, and a small collection of Mickey Mouse board books with a figurine for my “Mickeh Mou” lovin’ baby boy. I came in slightly over budget at $117, but that also included another children’s book that I picked up to donate to the Borders Charity Book Drive.
I found the selection to be quite varied, with choices that encompassed the varied interests of all five of my children, and the employees were extremely helpful. Both ladies working at the store were visited were very knowledgeable and offered suggestions on the best items to choose and were able to help us find exactly what we were searching for.
By the way, if you love the adorable lineup of Melissa & Doug toys, you’ll be excited to know that they are buy one get one 50% off through December 28th! I sometimes think I get just as much enjoyment out of them as my kids do. Save even more by signing up for a Borders Rewards card (you’ll get awesome coupons!) and/or utilizing the buy $50 in Borders gift cards get a bonus $10 GC program.
Two lucky Deal Seeking Mom readers will each win a $100 gift card from Borders. (You'll need to live within driving distance of a Borders' store in order to pick up your prize.)
To enter, tell me what toys and games you would purchase with a $100 Borders gift card.
Every reader has four methods available to enter this contest. Choose one each of any combination of method one, two, three, or four for up to a total of 4 entries!!!
Methods of entry:
1. Leave a comment. What toys and games would you purchase?
2. Add Deal Seeking Mom to your blogroll or add my badge to your sidebar. Make sure to come back and leave the link to your site in a separate comment!
3. Join the new Deal Seeking Mom Forums to chat about your great finds, special coupon codes, and chances to win exclusive giveaways. Leave a separate comment letting me know you've joined or that you're already a registered user!
4. Subscribe to my feed via RSS or email. You must confirm your email subscription for it to be a valid entry! Leave a separate comment letting me know you have done so. If you’re already a subscriber, simply leave a separate comment letting me know you’re already subscribed. Lovin’ my subscribers! You guys make this all possible.
(2) $100 Borders Gift Card, to be picked up at the winner's local Borders store.
While you’re in a contest entering mood, don’t forget to check out the Giveaway Gathering for a variety of contests being hosted on Deal Seeking Mom readers’ blogs!