Right now you can download these FREE Frozen-themed Handwriting Practice Packs. You can choose either the Manuscript or Cursive edition (or get both!). These packs are 51-pages each and feature fun, colorful layouts, writing practice of all 26 letters of the alphabet, and review/practice pages too.
Thanks, Frugal Homeschool Family!
Spring has sprung and now the kids are excited about Summer break! How to keep them entertained? Here's a great list of some budget friendly summer activities for the kids that you'll enjoy right along with them, knowing it's not breaking the bank!
Too hot out? Read a book! Here are some summer reading programs to consider:
- Sylvan Learning Book Adventure: Kids (grades K-8) can search for books and read them offline. They'll finish reading a book and then take a quiz on what they read to earn cool prizes.
- Half Price Books Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program: Kids 14 and under need to read (or have a grown up read to them) for at least 15 minutes each day in the months June and July. After they have read for 300 minutes, they can turn in their completed log to earn HPB Bookworm Bucks for each month. One top reader per age group each month with receive the TOP READER prize – a $20 HPB Gift Card!
- TD Bank Summer Reading Program: The details to the 2014 program have not been announced yet. Here are details regarding the 2013 summer reading program: Kids 18 and under can snag a FREE $10 by reading 10 books this summer. After they have read 10 books and recorded the names in the Summer Reading Form, take the form to the nearest TD Bank to have $10 deposited into a new or existing Young Saver account!
- Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge: This summer reading program runs from 5/15-7/17. Your kids will score a FREE book when they read 8 books on the Summer Reading list! Plus every Tuesday from 11 a.m.-11:30 a.m. there is a Pottery Barn Kids Story Time where members receive an official Book Club Passport at their first story time, plus a special FREE gift after attending five story times.
Ready for some fun summer movies?!
- Cinemark Summer Movie Clubhouse: 10 movies for only $5. That comes out to just $0.50 per movie! Plus you can purchase tickets the day of the movie for just $1.
- Cinemaworld’s Summer KidFest 2014: FREE films, seven days a week, all summer long. Every day at 10 a.m., Cinemaworld features a family-friendly G or PG rated film for your kids to enjoy, with new movies premiering on Fridays. FREE Admission for children and adult admission is just $2 or FREE with the donation of a non-perishable pet-food item to benefit the Brevard County Humane Society.
- Muvico Free Summer Film Fest: This year’s FREE summer film fest is yet to be announced. Here are details regarding the 2013 film fest: At 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday catch a FREE family movie. This deal runs 6/11 - 8/15.
- Regal’s Summer Movie Express: This summer movie program is on Tuesdays & Wednesdays at 10 a.m. and runs for nine weeks. Admission is $1, and a portion of the proceeds will benefit the Will Rogers Institute.
Here are some fun indoor/outdoor activities you won't want to forget about too!
- AMF: Register nowso you are updated when the 2014 FREE summer bowling program is announced. Here are details regarding the 2013 program: FREE bowling for kids 15 and under. Kids registered in the Summer Unplugged program can bowl two games per day, every day (until 8pm).
- IKEA: If you have the urge to go shopping, bring the kids to Ikea where your kids can test all the toys in the children’s department or have fun in the FREE supervised playroom while you shop. FREE toys and FREE playrooms make trips to Ikea fun and FREE summer activities for kids, while allowing you to shop to your heart’s content. (Ask at the store about specific requirements.)
DIY Crafy Events:
- Home Depot: Home Depot offers FREE workshops for do-it-yourselfers of all ages and experience levels. Check out the schedule and choose a specific workshop to attend.
- Michael’s: Join the Michaels Kids Club and let them explore their creativity while you shop. Only $2 per child reserves 30 minutes for your creative kid. Sessions starting every half hour from 10:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Plus Michaels craft stores host FREE Family Craft Time sessions so the whole family can get their craft on.
- Apple Camp and Apple Youth Workshops for Families: Apple Camp will return this year. For your tech savvy kids, have them attend an Apple Camp at a participating Apple Store. At Apple Camp, kids ages 8–12 will learn the ins and outs of iMovie and how to make their own films. The FREE three-day session leads up to an Apple Camp Film Festival where campers debut their masterpieces. Apple also offers a FREE technology session for the entire family with their Youth Workshops for Families. Youth Workshops offer families with kids (ages 6 to 13) a chance to work together to hone their Mac and iPad skills and use iLife and iWork apps to complete exciting projects. You can learn how to compose a song, build a photo album, create a compelling presentation, and more.
- Microsoft YouthSpark Summer Camps: From 6/2 - 8/29, your kids aged 8-13 can enjoy a FREE technology class with the Microsoft Store’s 2014 YouthSpark Summer Camps. Camps are broken up into two age groups for Jr. Designers (recommended for ages 8-10) and Designers (recommended for ages 11-13). YouthSpark Summer Camps are first come, first serve.
- Bass Pro Shops Family Summer Camp: Bass Pro Shops host FREE activities and crafts for the family. These FREE camps are every Tuesday and Thursday starting at noon and Saturday and Sunday starting at noon. Your family can enjoy FREE crafts, FREE shooting gallery, FREE casting pond, FREE family workshops, FREE make campfire s’mores, FREE photo, and FREE merit badge workshops. Please note that not all activities are available at all Bass Pro Shops.
- Go Geocaching: If your kids love a good treasure hunt then go Geocaching. All you need is a GPS enabled device such as your smart phone and you can play a real-world treasure hunting outdoor game called Geocaching. Players try to locate hidden containers, called geocaches, using their smart phones and then share their experiences online.
- Target Community Events: Target hosts a variety of events including a day of reading for parents and kids. In addition, they partner with arts organizations so you can snag FREE or nearly FREE entry to the arts in your community.
- Play games, read books and comics, and more all for FREE on FunBrain.com.
- Visit the Nickelodeon website to play FREE online games, watch FREE online videos, get FREE kid craft ideas, kid recipes and more!
- PBS Kids: FREE educational videos, games and activities.
- Disney Video: Kids can watch their favorite Disney shows like Doc McStuffins, Good Luck Charlie, Shake It Up and more.
Thanks, Freebie Finding Mom!
Pick up your All About Spring FREE Activity Pack to share with your little one(s) today! This package contains more than 25 pages of activities including:
- Color by number
- Printing practice and coloring sheets
- Cutting and pasting activities
- Matching Game
- All About Spring booklet with comprehension questions
- Which comes first sequencing activity
- And more!
Here's a great deal available from Educents right now. Join (it's FREE) today and you can get Five FREE Science Experiments! Here's how to get yours:
- Visit Educents and click the blue "I Want It" button on the FREE Science Experiments offer.
- You'll be prompted to login or create an account.
- Log in or create your account.
- You'll see your purchase of "FREE Science Actvities: Supercharged Science."
- Click the blue "Submit My Order" button and you're all set!
- Check your inbox for instructions on downloading your five FREE Science Experiments!
- Enjoy learning something new with your children!
Thanks, Freebie Finding Mom!
Here's a fun idea for your tech-minded tween! Kids ages 8-12 can attend an Apple Summer Camp for FREE! At Apple Camp, your kids will learn how to shoot their own footage, create an original song in GarageBand on an iPad, and put it all together in iMovie on a Mac!
This is a FREE summer workshop, held at participating Apple Retail Stores. The 'camp' runs for three days (just 1 1/2 hours each day) and ends with campers debuting their masterpieces at the Apple Camp Film Festival. Space is limited and workshops fill up quickly, so sign up now for a super-creative adventure. I just signed my older boys up!
Thanks, My Frugal Adventures!