Best-selling author Nicholas Sparks recently visited Shutterfly to answer questions about the upcoming film, Safe Haven. He offered some advice on the art of writing a loving one-liner, just in time to help you create the best personalized card ever! Here are Nicholas Sparks' Four S's of Writing a Valentine's Day One-Liner:
(1) Keep it Strong: Be committed. Your line must convey love, and convey it in no uncertain terms. Stay away from language that is open for interpretation or that leaves room for doubt—avoid words like “might” and “maybe.”
(2) Keep it Sincere: Think about love as a very real, personal thing between you and the person you love. Find inspiration from your relationship. What does this love mean to you?
(3) Keep it Simple: Your goal is to convey your feelings—not your intelligence. Don’t be too wordy, and if you’re going to use metaphor, pick one; it’s better to have one metaphor that says it all than a number of metaphors that each fall short in their own way.
(4) Keep it Short: Do not hide your message in an endless parade of phrases, words, and descriptions. Part of what makes the phrase “I love you” so powerful is that it evokes such a powerful emotion in so few words.
Right now you can try writing your own special one-liner with a FREE Valentine's Day card from Shutterfly and pair it with a special photo gift using a great $10 off $10 discount! Just use promo code CARD4U for your FREE card, and add promo code LOVESTRUCK for the $10 off $10 discount offer!
- Click here to register or log in at Shutterfly.
- Create your custom greeting card.
- Enter coupon code CARD4U at checkout.
- Shop around for that extra special custom photo gift (from jewelry to photo books or shopping bags!).
- Enter coupon code LOVESTRUCK during checkout for a $10 off $10 discount!
These promo codes are valid through 2/6 and Valentine's Day is next week so don't delay!