In honor of the kickoff of The One Dollar Give, I'd like to offer you seven quick and painless ways to trim $1 a day or more from your budget. It's my hope that you'll use these tips to free up some extra pocket change to help others in need this holiday season.
- Pack your lunch every day instead of eating lunch out. Stay tuned for a cool giveaway later this week that will make packing your lunch more fun!
- Drink more water instead of juice, pop, and sports drinks. Added bonus – it's healthier!
- Plan your grocery shopping trip beforehand making sure to utilize coupons to their fullest. You could easily cut out $7 a week using this tip alone!
- Turn your thermostat down 5 to 10 degrees at night for a comparable savings on your heating bill. You're less likely to notice the cooler temperature when you're sleeping, and it gives you a good reason to snuggle with your significant other!
- Utilize your local library instead of purchasing books and magazines. This is an especially great way to provide your kids with a steady variety of new books to keep them interested in learning to read!
- Replace standard light bulbs with CFL bulbs, and be diligent about turning off unused lights. Enlist your kids to help and teach them a valuable lesson about saving energy!
- Learn how to maximize shopping at drugstores and never pay for toothpaste, toothbrushes, shampoo, and many other items again. Check out the links on my Drugstores page to start learning how!
Please join us at The One Dollar Give in our quest to help 31 different charities throughout the month of December. First on our agenda is Brittany sharing her experiences with Compassion International. We're looking forward to your participation!