I'm so excited to be sharing my perspective on some of the amazing toys that made Wamart's Top 20 Toy List over the next few weeks! The coolest thing about Walmart's Top 20 Toys, is that they were actually chosen by kids...
For the second year, Walmart gathered hundreds of children ages 18 months to 12 years and turned them loose. They played with the hottest new toys from Hasbro, Mattel, Spin Master and Zing to get their thoughts and stamps of approval.
The result? Wamart's Top 20 Toy List -- and these are toys that are sure to knock your kids' socks off Christmas morning!
Razor A Kick Scooter Review
This week's focus is on active kids, featuring scooters, ride-ons, racing cars, and more. This is the first year that Walmart has added these kinds of toys to their annual holiday focus group and the kids have spoken! They voted the Razor A Kick Scooter as the hottest ride on this season.
Priced at a low $22.70, the Razor A Kick Scooter is the perfect toy for allowing kids and teens alike to burn off a little excess energy. The handlebar can be adjusted to three different heights, and it's lightweight (only 6 pounds!) and folds up super compact. Features include:
- Crafted from aircraft-grade aluminum for sturdiness and durability
- Folds up for storage or for carrying in a bag
- Lightweight: approximately 6 lbs.
- 98mm inline-style urethane wheels
- ABEC 5 bearings
- Patented rear fender brake
- Requires no assembly
- Weight capacity: 143 lbs.
The Razor A Kick Scooter is appropriate for ages 5 and up, although, to be honest, I'm pretty sure my youngest used one at an earlier age, being around his older brothers and sisters. I'd recommend picking up a bike helmet to go along with this gift, as I know my kids have all taken a spill on theirs at one time or another.
Kids Verdict? My kids are all big fans of their Razor Scooters, and Razor definitely makes the best scooters. We've tried others with licensed characters on them in the past, and they've not held up as well. It's a great toy for keeping their active, especially at this low price point!
Mom's Verdict? I love toys that encourage my kids to get outside and play, and a Razor A Kick Scooter totally does this. I appreciate how small and compact it is when folded up and that it's lightweight, as well. We hang our kids' bikes from the ceiling in our garage, since we have minimal storage room, and I'm unable to get them down by myself. But we can hang the scooters on the wall without taking up much space, and the kids can get them out all by themselves!
Quick purchase links:
More Top Toys for Active Kids
If you're looking for more toys for active kids at every price point, Walmart's got something for every wish list and budget. Here are just a few other tops toys in this category:
- BouncePro 14' Trampoline with Enclosure and Game, $249 -- the perfect addition to any backyard area, features bonus Electron Shooter target which attaches easily to the enclosure ring, creating extra play value for kids!
- Razor Crazy Cart, $299 -- allows your child to drive, spin or drift like a pro, can be driven like a go cart, or simply lift the drift bar to kick into Crazy Cart mode!
- Disney Frozen Convertible Car 6-Volt Battery-Powered Ride-On, $129.97 -- this 6-volt princess convertible car features Frozen graphics on a light blue car and has one forward speed plus a reverse speed, both with a maximum speed of 2.5-miles-per-hour!
Get the Top Toys at the Best Price
Walmart is committed to bringing you all of the hottest toys at the lowest prices. Get the most for your money with these savings tools:
- Savings Catcher: If Savings Catcher finds an advertised price that’s lower than what you paid for the same exact item, you'll get a Walmart eGift Card for the difference!
- Layaway: Customers taking advantage of Walmart’s holiday layaway with no opening fee can stretch dollars further by paying at their own pace through Dec. 15.
- Ad Match: Walmart’s great prices are backed by its Ad Match Guarantee. Stores will match the price of any local competitor’s printed ad for an identical product.
Is the Razor A Kick Scooter on your child's Christmas wish list?